Are you running or want to run healthy eating /cooking sessions?
The PCHP Online Nutrition Toolkit can help you!
We will be running a free 2.5 hours training session to discuss:
· How to deliver healthy eating and nutrition sessions
· How to create your own resources using the PCHP online nutrition toolkit.
Wednesday 30th September, 9.30am – 12.00
At Pilton Community Health Project
73, Boswall Parkway, EH5 2PW
PCHP has developed an online Nutrition Toolkit for trainers/facilitators (Youth Workers, Development Workers, Volunteers and any other food related activity workers in North Edinburgh) This Toolkit covers 8 of the most discussed Health Topics in our cooking sessions (Eatwell Plate, Salt, Sugar, Fats, Food labels, Budgeting/Store cupboard, Weight management and Weaning). Using up to date NHS and government data, we’ve created a series of activities and resources that can help you when delivering cooking sessions and/or nutrition and healthy eating education.
The main aim of this training session is to inform you about how to use the toolkit and how to incorporate it in the work you are already doing or planning. You can incorporate the activities in your session plans or you can plan a whole session around them.
The Online toolkit will help to:
· Create your own nutrition education resources
· Incorporate the right message to the sessions you are planning
· Answer questions regarding nutrition and healthy eating
· Increase participants’ knowledge about a specific topic, such as salt, sugar and fats
If you are interested in attending this training, please phone 0131 551 1671 or e-mail Memes email@example.com
You can also find us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PiltonCommunityHealthProject
Give us a like and have a look at what else we have going on.